Call For Co-Editors
International Journal of Health Promotion and Education
Would you like to be the Editor of the International Journal of Health Promotion and Education?
The International Journal of Health Promotion and Education (IJHPE) is looking for a new Editor with an academic background in health promotion, as well as the passion to drive the journal forward in an exciting period of change.
The Journal was founded in 1962 and is the official publication of the Institute of Health Promotion and Education who provide an international forum for sharing knowledge and experience on the basis of common interests in health education. It is a significant role, with high profile, but one that is achievable within a continuing busy working academic timetable.
IJHPE actively encourages the exchange of information and views by offering a platform for better interactions and dissemination within the Health Promotion and Education community.
The successful candidate will be responsible for editorial oversight and decision-making on submissions. He, or she, will have authority to accept articles following successful peer review, and will ensure that reviewers and authors adhere to the Journal’s Code of Publishing Ethics. There will be an agreed handover period with the current Editor to ensure seamless transition.
Taylor & Francis will organise regular meetings between the Publisher, the Co-Editors and the IHPE, and we will supply annual reports reflecting on the performance of the Journal. The Journal utilises an online editorial office system for submissions, provided by ScholarOne Manuscripts. Becoming the editor of a journal is a rewarding and fulfilling experience where you will build your own networks, promote the research that you are passionate about, and be recognized as a leading figure within the academic community.
Interested in applying? Here are the skills and attributes we would be looking for in a successful applicant:
- Someone who is active in the community with strong personal networks
- Confidence to engage with authors and researchers to solicit the highest quality submissions
- Strong organizational skills to ensure that submissions are handled in a timely manner
- The ability to foster positive working relationships with colleagues such as Associate Editors
- This position may be available as a co-editorship – please note your interest in this in your application.
The closing date for applications is
24th May 2019.
Submitting your Application
If you would like to apply for the position of Editor please forward your CV, a covering letter and a vision statement to Zoe Cross (email@example.com). Your vision statement should be no longer than two pages and should cover:
- Where you believe the field is going, and the journal’s place within it
- How you would work in partnership with the Institute and the Editorial Board
- How you would maintain and increase the quality of submissions
- How you would work with authors to build a community around the journal
- Any strategic goals you would set for the journal.