Call For Editor
New Review of Children's Literature and Librarianship journal is seeking applicants for its Editor-in-Chief position. A co-editorship will also be considered. The editorship attracts an honorarium.
New Review of Children’s Literature and Librarianship, published biannually, is multidisciplinary in nature, providing opportunities for the ‘pure’ discussion of children’s literature, and of issues relating to one of the key places in which to find such literature — libraries for young people. The journal therefore permits the sharing of ideas between those who study children’s literature, and those who provide it. New Review of Children’s Literature and Librarianship welcomes articles covering the management of library services to children and adolescents; education issues affecting library services; user education and the promotion of services; staff education and training; collection development and management; critical assessments of children's and adolescent literature; book and media selection; and research in literature and library services for children and adolescents.
The journal accepts original papers of both an experimental and theoretical nature, thereby providing a source of informed comment and advice for librarians in public and school libraries, and for critics and teachers of children’s literature around the world.
Applicants should have an established record of scholarship in the field of library & information science and strong organizational, networking and communication skills. Previous publishing and editorial experience, including leading an active editorial board, and commissioning and soliciting content is desirable, although applications from candidates looking for a first editorship will also be considered.
Applications must include a one-page statement of purpose and CV to Liz Colquhoun – Liz.Colquhoun@tandf.co.uk
- Providing a clear vision for the direction of the journal with due regard to the interests of the core readership and new trends and interests around the journal’s aims and scope
- Overseeing the editorial board including identifying and appointing new members
- Working with the editorial board to commission and solicit content to build a content pipeline for the journal, which may include themed issues and collections of conference papers
- Managing the peer review of manuscripts publication process
- Assigning referees and working with them and editorial board members to decide which manuscripts to publish
- Working with the Publisher to enable timely publication of issues according to the established schedule
Informal enquiries and applications, which must include a one-page statement of purpose and CV, should be directed to Liz Colquhoun – Liz.Colquhoun@tandf.co.uk
Closing date for Applications is Monday, 1st April 2019.
New Review of Children's Literature and Librarianship
New Review of Children’s Literature and Librarianship , published biannually, is multidisciplinary in nature, providing opportunities for the ‘pure’ discussion of children’s literature, and of issues relating to one of the key places in which to find such literature—libraries for young people.