Call For Editor
Journal of Biopharmaceutical Statistics
Would you like to be the Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Biopharmaceutical Statistics?
Taylor & Francis is looking to recruit an Editor-in-Chief for the Journal of Biopharmaceutical Statistics (JBS). JBS is a high-quality publication that discusses the applications of statistics in biopharmaceutical research and development. We are now seeking an outstanding academic researcher or practitioner with a background in statistical methodology and biostatistics as well as the passion to drive the Journal forward in an exciting period of change.
The successful candidate will be responsible for editorial oversight and decision-making, employing the Journal’s existing online submission and peer review system, ScholarOne Manuscripts™. She or he will have authority to accept articles following successful peer review and will ensure that reviewers and authors adhere to the Journal’s Publishing Ethics. There will be an agreed handover period with the out-going Editor to ensure a seamless transition.
Taylor & Francis will provide remuneration for the role to cover any journal-related expenses. We will also provide the successful candidate with full ScholarOne Manuscripts™ training and organize regular meetings where we supply data on trends in the discipline to help shape the direction of the Journal.
Interested in applying? Here are the skills and attributes we would be looking for in a successful applicant:
- Someone who is active in the community with strong personal networks
- Confidence to engage with authors and researchers to solicit the highest quality submissions
- Strong organizational skills to ensure that submissions are handled in a timely manner
- The ability to foster positive working relationships with colleagues such as Editorial Board members
- The ability to chair and direct Editorial Board meetings
- Someone who will act as spokesperson for JBS in public forums, meetings, and at conferences
Submitting your Application
If you would like to apply for the position of Editor-in-Chief, please forward your CV, a cover letter, and a vision statement to Managing Editor, Ande Nichols at email@example.com by April 30th, 2019.
Your vision statement should be no longer than two pages and should cover:
- Where you believe the field is going, and the Journal’s place within it
- How you would work in partnership with the editorial board
- How you would maintain and increase the quality of submissions
- How you would work with authors
We will be looking to conduct interviews in the weeks following the April 30th deadline, and the position will start in January 1st, 2020.