Call for Editor‐in‐Chief
Prehospital Emergency Care
Application Deadline: 1 May 2020
About the role
The National Association of EMS Physicians® (NAEMSP®) is seeking applications for its second
Editor‐in‐Chief for Prehospital Emergency Care in the 25‐year history of the journal. Prehospital
Emergency Care is the leading journal dedicated to the subspecialty of emergency medical
services. The journal has a global reach and publishes articles on a diverse breadth of EMS
For 2019, Prehospital Emergency Care had:
- 2.557 Impact Factor
- 607 submissions
- 18.8% acceptance rate
- 195,000 online downloads
- 16‐day average time to first decision
The successful candidate will have a history of:
- Contributions to the National Association of EMS Physicians®
- Service to Prehospital Emergency Care as an editor, editorial board member or reviewer
- Impactful scholarship in the field of EMS medicine
- A record of collaboration on national projects.
Submitting your Application
Interested candidates are invited to submit an on‐line application packet to https://www.emailmeform.com/builder/emf/NAEMSPEICApp/NAEMSP no later than May 1,
2020 consisting of the following:
- A letter of intent (no more than 1,000 words) detailing the candidate’s unique
qualifications and future vision for the journal
- An up‐to‐date Curriculum Vitae
- Two previously published (in any peer‐reviewed journal) manuscripts that reflect the candidate’s prior work.
The successful candidate will be vetted and announced no later than January 2021. The next Editor‐in‐Chief will serve for one year as a deputy editor, before becoming Editor‐in‐Chief beginning in 2022.
Questions regarding the opening are being addressed by JerrieLynn Kind, NAEMSP® Executive Director at info‐NAEMSP@naemsp.org .
Aims & Scope: Prehospital Emergency Care publishes peer-reviewed information relevant to the practice, educational advancement, and investigation of prehospital emergency care, including the following types of articles: Special Contributions - Original Articles - Education and Practice - Preliminary Reports - Case Conferences - Position Papers - Collective Reviews - Editorials - Letters to the Editor - Media Reviews