Call for Editorial Team
About the Journal
Asian Ethnicity provides a cross-disciplinary, international venue for the publication of well-researched articles about ethnic groups and ethnic relations in the half of the world where questions of ethnicity now loom largest. In the twenty-first century, ethnic issues have assumed importance in many parts of the world. Until recently, questions of Asian ethnicity and identity have been treated in a balkanized fashion, with anthropologists, economists, historians, political scientists, sociologists and others publishing their studies in single-discipline journals. Asian Ethnicity covers any time period, although the greatest focus is expected to be on the twentieth and twenty-first centuries. In broad terms the geographical region of concern for the journal is bounded by Lake Baikal to the north, Japan to the east, Java to the south and the Caspian Sea to the west. The most populous, and probably most significant, contemporary political states to be included are China and India.
The journal is published quarterly, distributed in January, March, June and September. Asian Ethnicity is abstracted and indexed in CSA Worldwide Political Science Abstracts, EBSCOhost International Bibliography of the Social Sciences, International Political Science Abstracts, SCOPUS, Clarivate Analytics’ Emerging Sources Citation Index (ESCI).
For more information about the journal, please visit: https://www.tandfonline.com/toc/caet20/current
The journal is currently recruiting for an Editorial Team to start in the first quarter of 2021.
The appointment is for three years, renewable for a further three-year term subject to mutual agreement. Taylor & Francis will provide advice, support and performance analysis of the journal, as well as an annual honorarium. It is envisaged that the appointed Editorial Team will begin in an onboarding capacity in November/December 2020, and officially take over in the first quarter of 2021, when the current Editors-in-Chief steps down.
The Editorial Team will be responsible for the following:
- Processing and co-ordinating the peer review process for new contributions to the journal via the ScholarOne Manuscripts™ peer review system and ensuring that all reviewers and authors uphold the journal’s code of publishing ethics.
- Making final decisions on submissions as a subject expert, providing feedback to authors, and working with Taylor & Francis to prepare accepted submissions for publication.
- Identifying strategies to enhance and maintain the quality and reputation of the journal, particularly with relation to the quality and timeliness of the published research.
- Working with Taylor & Francis and the Editorial Board to develop the editorial strategy and direction/focus of the journal and acting as an ambassador for the journal.
- Commissioning special issues and assigning topical Guest Editors; Soliciting submissions in line with editorial strategy.
- Reviewing and expanding the Editorial Board, Editorial team and pool of reviewers as necessary, in terms of size, subject specialisms and geographical representation.
For more information on the Editorial Team’s roles and responsibilities, please visit our Editor Resources website.
Co-Editors in the Editorial Team should have recognised expertise and an established record of scholarship in the subject area and be actively involved with international networks within the field. Key qualities sought for the new Editorial Team include energy, enthusiasm, project management skills to oversee the editorial cycle, and the ability to meet deadlines and work effectively with a major commercial publisher. Applicants should have clear employer or institutional support for this activity for the duration of the three-year appointment, including release time as necessary and general office support. The submissions, peer review and production systems operate entirely online, and candidates should be comfortable working with a variety of technologies, although full training and support will be provided.
To apply, please email a vision statement outlining the proposed Editorial Team, including C.V., and a list of published research of the proposed co-Editors to [email protected].
All applications will be treated as strictly confidential. Taylor & Francis will judge each application on its merits without regard to the race, religion, nationality, sex, seniority, or institutional affiliation of the candidates. Interviews will be held online, with shortlisted candidates contacted in September and October 2020.
Please submit your application by 16 September 2020.