Contribute a Book Review
Journal for the Study of Race, Nation and Culture
Pal Ahluwalia (the University of the South Pacific) and Toby Miller (University of California, Riverside) are seeking reviewers for the books listed below. Social Identities publishes 6 issues annually and attracts diverse contributions from scholars and practitioners across the globe. As of 2020, it has an H-Index of 31.
Scholars, researchers and advanced graduate (PhD) students are invited to submit proposals for a book review. All prospective reviewers must have sufficient expertise in the field of the book they propose to review and adhere to the journal’s Instructions for Authors.
List of Books Available for Review
- Adoption and Multiculturalism: Europe, the Americas, and the Pacific by Jenny Heijun Wills, Tobias Hübinette, and Indigo Willing (editors)
- Photography in the Third Reich: Art, Physiognomy and Propaganda by Christopher Webster (editor)
- HEIRS OF THE BAMBOO: Identity and Ambivalence among the Eurasian Macanese by Marisa C. Gaspar
- A Short Philosophical Guide to the Fallacies of Love by José A. Díez, Andrea Iacona
- Art, Politics and the Pamphleteer by Jane Tormey, Gillian Whiteley (editors)
- Dump Philosophy - A Phenomenology of Devastation by Michael Marder
- Fiction and Philosophy in the Zhuangzi - An Introduction to Early Chinese Taoist Thought by Romain Graziani
- Justice and Love - A Philosophical Dialogue by Mary Zournazi, Rowan Williams
Book reviews should be up to 2000 words in length and include the following aspects:
- A summary of the book’s information - details of the author(s) and editor(s), title of the book, year of publication, name of the publisher, and total page numbers
- A concise overview of the book’s primary themes
- Original and insightful composition, including detailed synopses and critical evaluations of the book and giving an account of the aims and remits
Reviewers will be provided with electronic or print copies of the book. Prospective reviewers should get in touch with the Managing Editor, Poonam Devi at [email protected].