Contribute a Book Review
Journal for the Study of Race, Nation and Culture
Pal Ahluwalia (the University of the South Pacific) and Toby Miller (University of California, Riverside) are seeking reviewers for the books listed below. Social Identities publishes 6 issues annually and attracts diverse contributions from scholars and practitioners across the globe. As of 2020, it has an H-Index of 31.
Scholars, researchers and advanced graduate (PhD) students are invited to submit proposals for a book review. All prospective reviewers must have sufficient expertise in the field of the book they propose to review and adhere to the journal’s Instructions for Authors.
List of Books Available for Review
- Photography in the Third Reich: Art, Physiognomy and Propaganda by Christopher Webster (editor)
- Fiction and Philosophy in the Zhuangzi - An Introduction to Early Chinese Taoist Thought by Romain Graziani
- Justice and Love - A Philosophical Dialogue by Mary Zournazi, Rowan Williams
- 'Membering’ Austin Clarke by Paul Barett
- Coloniality and Racial (In) Justice at the University – Counting for Nothing - Sunera Thobani (eds).
- Skin by Sergio del Molino
Book reviews should be up to 2000 words in length and include the following aspects:
- A summary of the book’s information - details of the author(s) and editor(s), title of the book, year of publication, name of the publisher, and total page numbers
- A concise overview of the book’s primary themes
- Original and insightful composition, including detailed synopses and critical evaluations of the book and giving an account of the aims and remits
Reviewers will be provided with electronic or print copies of the book. Prospective reviewers should get in touch with the Managing Editor, Poonam Devi at [email protected].