Join the Conversation
with African Identities
Share a Book Review
The editor of the international journal African Identities, Professor Pal Ahluwalia, is inviting reviewers for the two books listed below:
- Aso Ebi: Dress, Fashion, Visual Culture, and Urban Cosmopolitanism in West Africa by Okechukwu Nwafor.
- Toward an African Future – of the Limit of World – Nahum Dimitri Chandler
African Identities publishes 4 issues annually and attracts diverse contributions from scholars and practitioners exploring African diaspora, representation and identities. African Identities is abstracted in British Humanities Index, International Index to Black Periodicals, OCLC and International Bibliography of the Social Sciences. African Identities is indexed in Scopus.
African Identities is inviting proposals for book review from scholars, research and advanced graduate (PhD) students. All prospective reviewers should have sufficient expertise in the field of the book they propose to review and adhere to the journal’s Instructions for Authors.
Book reviews should be up to 2000 words in length and include the following aspects:
- A summary of the book’s information - details of the author(s) and editor(s), title of the book, year of publication, name of the publisher, and total page numbers
- A concise overview of the book’s primary themes
- Original and insightful composition, including detailed synopses and critical evaluations of the book and giving an account of the aims and remits
Reviewers will be provided with electronic or print copies of the book. Prospective reviewers should submit the proposals and queries to the Managing Editor, Poonam Devi at [email protected].