Call for Invited Reviews
Bioengineered is a journal devoted to developing various aspects of biotechnology, including how it can be used to improve the environment and human health. In order to support research relevant to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, Bioengineered will be waiving the open access fee for select critical review articles.
Bioengineered invites experts on the topics below to submit a critical review on the developments, functions and mechanisms of action of organisms and biomolecules, and how the selected topic should be developed to achieve at least one of the relevant global Sustainable Development Goals on sustainability.
Examples of topics of interest for invited critical reviews in Bioengineered include (but are not limited to):
- Bioenergies and biofuels processing e.g. biogas, ethanol, hydrogen, butanol
- Algae with various applications and development
- Biochar and its biological applications
- Biotechnology of resource recovery from wastes, wastewater, and exhaust gases
- Biomaterials, biopharmaceutical proteins, biomolecules, and enzymes
- Biorefineries and biological resource recovery from solid, liquid and gas residuals
- Bioprocesses of organic resources
- Bioremediation, biodegradation, bioaccumulation and biological waste treatments
- Biotechnology for emerging food and feed for better health and environment
- Cancer diagnosis, treatment and biomarkers
- Emerging trend of biochar application for remediation of environmental contaminant.
- Functions of various biomolecules in human, animal and plants
- Genomic insights of various organisms or microbial flora with industrial or health applications
- Global trends in emerging and re-emerging infectious diseases
- Interaction of electricity and microorganisms for new bioprocesses
- Methods uses in health and biotechnology such as CRISPR, and measurements methods
- Micro-, circular- and long noncoding RNAs and their applications
Manuscripts will be pre-evaluated before submission. All authors should submit their manuscript to the Editor-in-Chief by e-mail at [email protected] to receive approval and information on waiving the open access fee.