An Open Access Journal
Bioengineered is a fully open access peer-reviewed journal. All articles will (if accepted) be available for anyone to read anywhere, at any time immediately on publication.
Bioengineered is an open access, multi-disciplinary journal dedicated to publishing all aspects of bioengineering and biotechnology. The journal mainly focuses on fundamental and advance sciences, publishing original research and reviews, as well as comments on the latest advances and issues across the field to serve a broader readership.
The journal welcomes submissions with a techno-socio-economic focus on the use of biotechnology for food, pharmaceutical and industrial applications, and its use in bioprocesses, bioproducts, conversion technologies, sustainable biological recycling and the recovery of environmental resources.
2019 Impact Factor 2.205
Five-Year Impact Factor 2.150
-Journal Citation Reports®
WEB OF SCIENCE, MEDLINE and PUBMED CENTRAL Indexed
2019 CiteScore 2.6
Bioengineered is particularly interested in receiving manuscripts on:
- Bioenergy and Biofuels
- Bioengineered Therapeutics, Devices and Drug Delivery
- Bioprocesses of organic resources
- Bioremediation, biodegradation, and bioaccumulation
- Cellular Engineering
- Fate of biological pollutants in the environment
- Genetic Engineering
- Molecular Engineering
- Systems and Synthetic Bioengineering
- Theoretical and Computational Bioengineering
Submit to our special issues
Click to find out more about our latest special issue call for papers.
Why publish in Bioengineered?
- Increase the visibility and readership of your research by publishing in a fully open access journal.
- Make an impact beyond the academy by making your article accessible to anyone, anywhere (including readers in industry and even policy-makers).
- Benefit from format-free submission, saving you more time for your research.
- Freely share your work with no restrictions or paywall.
- Retain ownership of your research through our unrestrictive publishing agreements.
Bioengineered welcomes submission of original manuscripts with a focus on fundamental and advance sciences, including reviews and comments on the latest advances and issues across the field.
The Editor-in-Chief of 'Bioengineered' is Mohammed Taherzadeh, Professor in Bioprocess Technology at the Swedish Centre of Resource Recovery, University of Borås, Sweden.
We caught up with Mohammad to discuss his plans for the development of the journal in the face of current challenges for the research community, and what the journal has to offer to authors.
Read the latest research
The Editor has chosen a selection of popular recent articles from the journal. Navigate the links below to read the articles.