Luxury Fashion Marketing
Journal of Global Fashion Marketing Special Issue Call for Papers
Deadline: 14 August 2019
The JGFM is a flagship journal of GAMMA--the Global Alliance of Marketing and Management Associations. All articles in the JGFM are published in English with an additional abstract in Mandarin. The JGFM is a ranked journal; all articles are double blind review. JGFM will publish a special issue of JGFM on ‘Luxury Fashion Marketing’ with selected papers related to ‘Luxury Fashion Marketing’ presented in 2019 Global Fashion Management Conference at Paris.
Since 2000, we have observed a very strong growth in the sales of the Luxury Fashion. At the same time, the number of academic articles devoted to Luxury has increased enormously. Accordingly, the objective of the Special Issue on Luxury Fashion is to advance knowledge on luxury fashion marketing. Papers from international scholars and top-level practitioners are welcomed.
We invite papers from academics of all disciplines and from practitioners with experience and points of view on luxury fashion. Papers may be based on, but are not limited to, the following:
- Luxury fashion in the digital age
- Customization and digital innovation for luxury fashion brands
- Contribution of technology to luxury fashion goods and services
- Social media and luxury fashion
- The importance of experience in luxury fashion buying
- Premium vs. luxury fashion, downward extensions, democratization, masstige
- Cross-cultural consumer segmentations for luxury fashion
- Brand personality, consumer personality, media personality and luxury fashion
- Luxury fashion for different age cohorts
- Generativity in luxury fashion
- Counterfeiting in luxury fashion
- Managing luxury fashion brands: brand equity, personality, extensions, etc.
- Luxury fashion: global vs. local strategies
- Balancing tradition and innovation for luxury fashion
- Luxury fashion and sustainable development
- Social responsibility in the luxury fashion industry
- Communication in Luxury fashion: traditional media and digital innovation
- Customer relationship management for luxury fashion brands
- Celebrity endorsement and sponsorship for luxury fashion
- Pricing luxury fashion
- New concepts in luxury fashion retailing
- New modes of acquisition and disposal for luxury fashion products
Reviewing procedure 1. Extended Abstract Submission Deadline: Feb. 28, 2019
a) Go to the 2019 GFMC at Paris homepage (http://gammaconference.org/2019/),
b) Click ‘Submission’ in the main menu on the top of the conference homepage,
c) submit your paper to any of tracks related to ‘Luxury Fashion Marketing’ theme, d) express your intention to publish your paper in this JGFM special issue to your track chair.
Submission Guidelines for 2019 GFMC at Paris: http://gammaconference.org/2019/
‘Notice’ 2. Full Paper Submission Deadline: August 14th, 2019. We call for original papers, written in English. Papers will be selected based on two double- blind reviews (from members of the Scientific Committee and from ad hoc reviewers). 20-25 pages full paper, double-spaced in Word should be submitted for full paper review process. The first page will be reserved for the title, the name of the author(s) and the address (including e-mail). The second page will contain the title, a summary (200 words maximum) and key words. References and format will follow the Journal of Global Fashion Marketing guidelines.
E-mail submission only: please send your submission to the two guest reviewers as an attachment, naming your file as follows: full last name of the first author and an abbreviated title (e.g. name-title.docx). email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org Authors keep the full copyright on their text. After the Paris conference, authors may submit revised versions of their papers for publication in a Special Issue of the Journal of Global Fashion Marketing that will be guest edited by Jean-Louis Chandon & Pierre Valette-Florence). Since authors keep the copyright, they are free to submit their paper for publication in any journal of their choice. Manuscripts for the Journal of Global Fashion Marketing special issue, should not exceed 25 pages, double spaced, including appendices, tables (within the text), and references (MS Word, A4 paper, 2.5 cm or 1 inch margin on all sides, Times, 12 points). For more information on the JGFM consult: https://www.tandfonline.com/action/authorSubmission?journalCode=rgfm20&page=instructions
Extended abstract submission deadline: Feb. 28th, 2019
Full paper submission deadline: August 14th, 2019
Early bird online registration deadline of 2019 GFMC at Paris: April 15th, 2019