Integration of Multi-temporal, Multi-sensor & Multi-platform Remote Sensing Data for Environmental Studies
Big Earth Data Special Issue Call for Papers
Deadline: 1 August 2019
Recent advances in remote sensing technology and the availability of open access/affordable satellite data with a wide range of spatio-temporal, radiometric and spectral resolutions have initiated a revolutionary phase in large scale environmental studies.
In parallel, remote sensing sensors designed for airborne platforms such as Unmanned Airborne Vehicles (UAVs) offer very high spatial resolution, rapid, and cost efficient data for applications of the Earth sciences.
Integration of multi-temporal, multi-sensor, and multi-platform remote sensing data has important implications for management and decision making purposes. However, integrating such big data sets is yet to be fully exploited within environmental monitoring applications. In this special issue, we invite original research and technical papers and literature review articles that apply big remote sensing data in environmental applications.
Potential topics include (but are not limited to) the following: (optional, but recommended)
- Multi-temporal analysis for ecosystem health monitoring
- Change & Damage detection
- Light Detection and Ranging (LiDAR) and optical data integration
- Multi-temporal Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) data processing
- SAR and optical data integration
- Multi-source, multi-scale data integration
- Spatial statistics & Environmental studies
- August 1, 2019 Paper submission online
- October 1, 2019 Decision to Authors
- December 1, 2019 Revised Paper Submission
- January 31, 2020 Publication
Manuscript Submission Information
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. When the manuscript is well prepared, please submit through Editorial Manager System and choose the right Special Issue. All APCs will be waived for invited manuscripts submitted to the Big Earth Data. If you need further assistance regarding on this matter, please contact the Editorial Office on this email address (TBEDemail@example.com).
- Special Issue Guest Editor: Nadia Abbaszadeh Tehrani, Aerospace Research Institute, ministry of science, research and technology, Iran (firstname.lastname@example.org;email@example.com )
- Special Issue Guest Editor: Ali Mohammadzadeh, K.N. Toosi university of technology, Iran (firstname.lastname@example.org;email@example.com)
- Special Issue Guest Editor: Helmi Zulhaidi Mohd Shafri, Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM), Malaysia (firstname.lastname@example.org )
- Special Issue Guest Editor: Lingli Zhao, Wuhan University, China (email@example.com)
- Special Issue Guest Editor: Sara Salehi, Geological Survey of Denmark and Greenland, Denmark (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Special Issue Guest Editor: Milad Janalipour, Aerospace Research Institute, ministry of science, research and technology, Iran(email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org )