Big Data for Environmental Analysis in South America
Big Earth Data Special Issue Call for Papers
Deadline: 31 August 2019
With the evolution of computing and software engineering, the immeasurable amount of data (unstructured and structured) are generated every second globally from a growing number of sources - here discussed mainly about digital image analysis - changed the way of analyzing the environment, therefore, the way of thinking about territorial organizations, land use detection and coverage, and data collection and analysis have advanced strongly in the last decade. Through this large volume of data, the Big Data analysis is assisting in the environmental understanding (including climate-atmospheric analysis) and its interaction with anthropic evolution, mainly in South America, as it presents extensive areas of tropical forests and at the same time, advances of large agricultural areas. However, data quality needs to be maximized in environmental analyzes to understand the modern agriculture advancement plan, along with sustainability and environmental conservation for better land use efficiency, maximizing productivity coupled with environmental mitigation. In this special edition, we invite original research papers that apply large volumes of data (including cloud processing) to understand the environment of the South American subcontinent.
Potential topics include (but are not limited to) the following: (optional, but recommended)
- Technological development of environmental analysis through a large volume of data.
- Data analysis of Big Data using a cloud platform with sensors for monitoring the Earth and/or Climate.
- Algorithms and prediction models in the understanding of the interaction Land Use-Environment-Climate.
- Time-series analysis of Land Use and Land Cover for monitoring of large areas with medium and low spatial resolution sensors.
- New deforestation analysis tools, gas emissions and climatic factors.
- August 31, 2019 Paper submission online
- October 31, 2019 Decision to Authors
- December 31, 2019 Revised Paper Submission
- February 28, 2020 Publication
Manuscript Submission Information
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. When the manuscript is well prepared, please submit through Editorial Manager System and choose the right Special Issue. All APCs will be waived for invited manuscripts submitted to the Big Earth Data. If you need further assistance regarding on this matter, please contact the Editorial Office on this email address (TBEDfirstname.lastname@example.org).