Internet of Things as an enabler of Digital Earth
Big Earth Data Special Issue Call for Papers
Deadline: 1 May 2019
Over the last decade, the Internet of Things (IoT) paradigm has been widely used in a wide variety of scenarios, including smart cities, health, transportation, industry, and agriculture, among others. A study from CompTIA, Inc., points out that the number of devices connected to the Internet will reach 50.1 billion by 2020. By connecting billions of devices to the Internet, IoT has demonstrated its potential to revolutionize society and has attracted significant attention and investment from industry and academia.
IoT devices can observe and act over the environment; large networks of IoT devices are being created and deployed in many application domains, most of which are also relevant for Digital Earth applications. This massive deployment of IoT Devices is generating the so-called electronic skin of the Earth, a layer of interrelated IoT devices capable of monitoring, sensing, knowing and acting accordingly on the environment. New systems, techniques and methods are therefore needed to manage this wealth of devices and analyze the continuous pulse of spatio-temporal data that are ever-increasingly generated, especially in relation to Digital Earth applications.
We seek research submissions that include (but are not limited to) the following topics: (optional, but recommended)
- Conceptual/Technological frameworks to manage and analyze IoT devices
- Development of IoT devices
- Spatial decision support system (SDSS) based on IoT devices
- Novel methods for spatial acquisition on IoT devices
- Geospatial IoT standards deployments
- IoT, Big Data and Analytics: Challenges and new trends
- IoT applications in cities, rural areas, disaster manager, health and agriculture
- May 1, 2019 Paper submission online
- July 15, 2019 Decision to Authors
- September 15, 2019 Revised Paper Submission
- Fall 2019 Publication
Manuscript Submission Information
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. When the manuscript is well prepared, please submit through Editorial Manager System and choose the right Special Issue. All APCs will be waived for invited manuscripts submitted to the Big Earth Data. If you need further assistance regarding on this matter, please contact the Editorial Office on this email address (TBEDemail@example.com).