Australian Journal of Psychology
An Open Access Journal
Australian Journal of Psychology is converting to Open Access from its 2022 volume.
Australian Journal of Psychology (AJP) will start a new journey in 2022 as a fully open access journal. This means all the research it publishes will be available for anyone to read anywhere, at any time providing they have an internet connection. It will also allow our authors to benefit from a larger audience.
An Article Publishing Charge (APC) will be levied for each accepted article to support the article being permanently and freely available online. APS members will have the opportunity to submit research to the journal, with the article processing charge (APC) waived as a membership benefit for full members, at the discretion of the Editor in Chief.
Australian Journal of Psychology will still peer review all submitted papers as before. It will retain rigorous quality control such that only meaningful and important new results are accepted for publication.
In preparation for our move to full OA in 2022, AJP will begin accepting Open Access submissions on 2nd June, 2021. We look forward to receiving your submissions and hope you join us to embrace AJP’s Open Access future.
More about the journal
The Australian Journal of Psychology is the flagship publication of the Australian Psychological Society aimed at researchers in the field of psychological science.
It is an international peer-reviewed journal that publishes empirical research across the full range of pure and applied topics in psychological science, including but not limited to:
- Perception and Awareness
- Developmental Psychology
- Motivation and Emotion
- Social and Personality Psychology
- Industrial and Organizational Psychology
- Research Methodology
"The Australian Psychological Society has embraced Open Science and Open Access to enhance access to scientific knowledge and promote integrity in scientific publication.
As a key element of this Australian Journal of Psychology’s move to full Open Access will continue to maintain its high quality as the flagship publication of the Society, and will open up the journal to the broader scientific community and public as never before."
Professor Justin Kenardy, Editor-in-Chief
Why publish open access?
- Increase the visibility and readership of your research by publishing in a fully open access journal.
- Make an impact beyond the academy by making your article accessible to anyone, anywhere (including readers in industry and even policy-makers).
- Benefit from format-free submission, saving you more time for your research.
- Freely share your work with no restrictions or paywall.
- Retain ownership of your research through our unrestrictive publishing agreements.
- Discounts and waivers for researchers in developing countries are available. The journal will also consider requests for discretionary APC waivers. Find out if your institution or country has an open access agreement to publish with us.
Ready to publish your manuscript?
Read the latest research
Navigate the links below to read a selection of popular recent articles from the journal for free.
|Coronavirus stress, meaningful living, optimism, and depressive symptoms: a study of moderated mediation model||Gökmen Arslan & Murat Yıldırım|
|Belonging and loneliness in cyberspace: impacts of social media on adolescents’ well-being||Douglas Smith, Trinity Leonis & S. Anandavalli|
|How to pose for a professional photo: The effect of three facial expressions on perception of competence of a software developer||Petra Filkuková & Magne Jørgensen|
|Differential media effects on male body satisfaction and mood||Andrew Allen & Kate E. Mulgrew|
|Nature vs. nurture is nonsense: On the necessity of an integrated genetic, social, developmental, and personality psychology||Fiona Kate Barlow|