Mentoring Programme for New Academic Writers
Learn from the Editors of Australian Feminist Studies!
Deadline: Applications for 2019 have closed. The next round will be advertised in late 2019.
In 2015 the editors of Australian Feminist Studies started a mentoring programme. Continuing with this programme, we are accepting applicants to work with us across the next year to develop a manuscript based on original research for publication in the journal. At the conclusion of the mentoring period, the manuscript will be subject to the regular peer-review process. The scheme will operate on a competitive basis.
Eligibility: applicants can be from any national domain and can be between the 3rd year of doctoral enrolment and three years beyond the award of their PhD. There is no preferred discipline or topic area.
Application process: applicants should supply a one page CV, the names of two academic referees, a 400 word abstract for a planned article, and a writing sample (this can be in the form of 10pp thesis sample, a draft of the proposed article, or a previous publication). Applications should be emailed to email@example.com.
Selection process: the successful applicants will be selected by the editors based on the quality and originality of the proposed article, the quality of the writing sample and the suitability of the topic for publication in Australian Feminist Studies.
Deadline: Applications for 2019 have closed. The next round will be advertised in late 2019
*Note: applicants should familiarise themselves with the journal’s Aims and Scope.*
Current and Past Participants
2019 Mentoring Programme Participants:
- Alexa Appel, University of Sydney
- Meg Brayshaw, University of Sydney
- Ruth Daly, University of Leeds
- Jan Filmer, University of Sydney
- Thao Phan, University of Melbourne
- Amanda Gardiner, Edith Cowan University
- Lenka Vrablikova, University of Leeds
- Jacqueline Dalziell, UNSW
- Yanbing Er, University of Edinburgh
- Jennifer Hamilton, University of Sydney
- Akane Kanai, University of Newcastle
- Liu Xin, University of Tampere
- Elspeth Mitchell, University of Leeds
- Jeannine Baker, Macquarie University
- Isobelle Barrett, Meyering UNSW
- Hannah McCann, ANU
- Tiffany Page, Goldsmiths, University of London
- Georgina Ramsay, University of Newcastle
- Cathy Smith, University of Newcastle
Lisa Adkins and Maryanne Dever, Editors-in-Chief