Resources for the African Studies Association
Discover the Routledge Portfolio
A very warm welcome from the Routledge, Taylor & Francis African Studies team, and congratulations to the winners of the Fage & Oliver and Audrey Richards Prizes!
We’re pleased to continue to sponsor the Audrey Richards Prizes and to support the African Studies Association UK community more widely. We hope you enjoyed this year’s Presidential Lecture and would like to take this opportunity to connect with you, albeit virtually. Although we can’t be there in person, we welcome the space to make new connections, catch up with our publishing partners, and discover the key topics and issues you’re currently working on.
Since you’ve stopped by, we’d invite you to explore some of the resources we publish in African Studies, and don’t forget, if you’re a researcher based in Africa, please do make use of our Special Terms for Researchers and Authors (STAR) program for free access to articles from Taylor & Francis journals.
Do connect with us if you’d like to discuss your article or book proposal, or if you have any questions about our portfolio. We look forward to hearing from you!
Routledge, Taylor & Francis is one of the world’s leading publishers of academic books and journals with a substantial and growing presence in African Studies. Our broad portfolio includes more than 50 African Studies journals and dozens of book series featuring interdisciplinary research that spans all of Africa and the African diaspora.
Special access for researchers in the Global South
Special Terms for Authors & Researchers (STAR) provides researchers in eligible countries with free access to articles from Taylor & Francis journals.
Recent book releases include:
Edited by Tanure Ojaide & Joyce Ashuntantang
Recent special issues include:
- Decolonising Curricula and Pedagogy in Higher Education | Third World Thematics Vol. 5 Issue 1-2, 2020
- Historic Preservation in North Africa | The Journal of North African Studies Vol. 25 Issue 5, 2020
- Trends in East African Swahili Literatures | Eastern African Literary and Cultural Studies Vol. 5 Issue 3-4, 2019
- Crocodiles in Still Waters: The Legacies of Mugabe’s Rule in Zimbabwe | Journal of Contemporary African Studies Vol. 38 Issue 1, 2020
- African-Caribbean Women Interrogating Diaspora/Post-Diaspora | African and Black Diaspora: An International Journal Vol. 13 Issue 2, 2020