Resources for the African Studies Association
Discover the Routledge Portfolio
A very warm welcome from the Routledge, Taylor & Francis African Studies team!
We hope you're enjoying the ASA 2020 Annual Meeting. We're excited to take this opportunity to connect with you, albeit virtually. Although we can’t be there in person, we welcome the space to make new connections, catch up with our publishing partners, and discover the key topics and issues you’re currently working on.
Since you’ve stopped by, we’d invite you to explore some of the resources we publish in African Studies. And don’t forget, if you’re a researcher based in Africa, please do make use of our Special Terms for Researchers and Authors (STAR) program for free access to articles from Taylor & Francis journals.
Do connect with us if you’d like to discuss your article or book proposal, or if you have any questions about our portfolio. We look forward to hearing from you!
Routledge, Taylor & Francis is one of the world’s leading publishers of academic books and journals with a substantial and growing presence in African Studies. Our broad portfolio includes more than 50 African Studies journals and dozens of book series featuring interdisciplinary research that spans all of Africa and the African diaspora.
Special access for researchers in the Global South
Special Terms for Authors & Researchers (STAR) provides researchers in eligible countries with free access to articles from Taylor & Francis journals.
Recent book releases include:
Edited by Tanure Ojaide & Joyce Ashuntantang
Recent and topical special issues include:
- Decolonizing African Studies | Critical African Studies, Vol. 12 Issue 3, 2020
- The African Intellectuals’ Project | International Journal of African Renaissance Studies, Vol. 15 Issue 1, 2020
- Marxism and African Literatures: New Interventions | African Identities, Vol. 18 Issue 1-2, 2020
- African-Caribbean Women Interrogating Diaspora/Post-Diaspora | African and Black Diaspora: An International Journal Vol. 13 Issue 2, 2020
- Decolonising Curricula and Pedagogy in Higher Education | Third World Thematics Vol. 5 Issue 1-2, 2020
- Ethiopia's revolutionary democracy, 1991–2011 | Journal of Eastern African Studies, Vol. 5 Issue 4, 2011