The Application of Artificial Intelligence in Advanced Manufacturing
Research in artificial intelligence (AI) and advances in information technologies have resulted in dramatic paradigm shift in manufacturing. Integration of advanced technologies and new generation of AI technologies in manufacturing will promote the formation of a new generation of intelligent manufacturing.
AI technologies can guide complex processes in an intelligent way. Such technologies have been applied to image recognition, speech recognition, intelligent robot, intelligent driving/automatic driving, fault diagnosis and predictive maintenance, quality monitoring, to just name a few. The role that AI technologies play in manufacturing industry is that of innovating production models and improving production efficiency and product quality. AI technologies can be used not only in traditional manufacturing industries, such as 3C, textiles, metallurgy and automobiles, but also in strategic emerging industries, such as high-end equipment manufacturing, robots and new energy. However, the application of artificial intelligence in advanced manufacturing is still in its infancy, making it a new area with a great chance of identifying new problems and developing solutions to known problems.
International Journal of Computer Integrated Manufacturing
International Journal of Computer Integrated Manufacturing (IJCIM) reports new research and applications underlining the opportunities and limitations of computer integrated manufacturing in today's information supported era of global manufacturing.
The 2019 International Conference on Artificial Intelligence and Advanced Manufacturing that was held in Dublin, Ireland aimed at offering a platform for researchers and practitioners from artificial intelligence and advanced manufacturing as well as from various application areas to discuss problems and solutions in artificial intelligence and advanced manufacturing, to identify new issues and to shape directions for future research.
In addition to excellent papers recommended by the conference, this special issue also encourage submissions that cover the following topics, but are not limited to:
- Extension to the theories of artificial intelligence and advanced manufacturing
- Innovative applications of artificial intelligence to the transformation and upgrading of manufacturing industry
- The use of artificial intelligence to promote the development of manufacturing
- Application of artificial intelligence in transportation, energy and bioengineering, etc.
- Neural networks and applications
- Intelligent information system
- Machine learning
- Sustainable manufacturing
- 3D Printing and applications
- Internet + manufacturing
- Deadline for manuscript submission: August 15st, 2019
- Notification to authors: October 15st, 2019
- Submission of revised versions: November 30st, 2019
- Final notification of acceptance: December 15th, 2019
- Final manuscripts due: February 15th, 2020
- Authors are required to prepare their manuscripts according to the Guide for Authors available on the journal’s website at: http://www.tandfonline.com/action/authorSubmission?journalCode=tcim20&page=instructions.
- In the submission system, the authors need to indicate that the paper is for the special issue “AIAM2019”.
- The title of the paper on the system should start with “(AIAM2019)” an example title would be: “(AIAM2019) Smart manufacturing of widgets on CNCs”.
Prof. Prasad Yarlagadda OAM (firstname.lastname@example.org), Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane, Australia