Informative and accessible, this publication analyses and discusses the integration of the main stages within the process of design and construction and multidisciplinary collaborative working between the different professionals involved.
Ideal for practitioners and academics alike, Architectural Engineering and Design Management examines specific topics, including:
• Integrated design
• Design management
• Post occupancy and facilities management
• Lean design and construction
• Building Information Modelling
• Sustainability and resilience of the built environment
Manuscripts that sit at the interfaces between these topics are particularly encouraged. This includes manuscripts that address:
• The integration of architecture, technology
• The integration between innovative building design and technology, or innovative design, technology, and people (engagement, management etc)
• Building design process and management; planning and co-ordination, information and knowledge management, value engineering and value management
• Design and client led process improvement (e.g. co-creation)
• Extended life-cycle managerial views. Interfaces between Design Management and Coordination, and Facilities Management
• Digitalization and digital transformation in design management and architectural engineering (BIM, IoT, Big Data & Machine Learning)
• Parametrization of AEC design tools to support decision making
• Integration of resilience with sustainability
• Use of innovative materials to improve building design implementation, building innovation and life cycle processes
• Building thermal, aural, visual and structural performance especially pertaining to design decision making
• Interfaces between advanced and resilient structures, services and other building-level infrastructures
• Built environment resource efficiency and response to climate change
This journal is a valuable resource for professionals and academics (teachers, researchers and students) involved in building design and construction, including the following disciplines:
• Building Engineering
• Building Service Engineering
Published papers will report on both fundamental research dealing with theoretical work and applied research dealing with practical issues and industrial innovations. In this way, readers benefit from exploring the interaction between technical considerations and management issues.
All submitted manuscripts are subject to initial appraisal by the Editor, and, if found suitable for further consideration, will undertake peer review by independent, anonymous expert referees. All peer review is double anonymized and submission is online via ScholarOne Manuscripts.
Authors can choose to publish gold open access in this journal.
Read the Instructions for Authors for information on how to submit your article.